Kasco's Aerators, or High Oxygen Transfer Aerators, are designed for larger commercial, aquaculture, and agriculture applications. They have an oxygen transfer rate of 3.0 SAE or greater, making these units efficient enough to be used in aquaculture systems throughout the US and around the world as well. Industrial strength surface aerators for adding oxygen to the water result in increased water quality, fish health, and growth rates.
All Kasco Aerators are self-contained units that float at the surface with a single power cord returning to shore and two (or 3 with the 8400AF) mooring lines anchoring the Aerator, which makes them extremely easy to move and install with a single person. Kasco Aerators are perfect for continuous duty or as supplement during times with low oxygen levels and with minimum operating depths as low as 15", they can be used in almost any situation with great success.
- Check the download section to the right for SPECIFICATIONS for each model.
- 2 x 50'braided nylon mooring ropes, and a 100'electrical power cords - other lengths available 50', 150', 200' ( inquire by telephone or email).
- Longer-life top and bottom ball bearings.
- Environmentally friendly oil-filled motor with a hard-face internal mechanical seal and external lip seal for protection against leaks.
- Continuous duty motor is a permanent-split capacitor type with thermal overhead protection fitted in an oil-filled, stainless steel housing with stainless steel prop guard.
- Flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- Highly efficient, lower power consumption than competitive equipment
- Superior dependability in salt-water or other corrosive environments. All external metal motor, float, and hardware components are of stainless steel composition and protected by a sacrificial zinc anode.
- Requires minimal maintenance. We recommend cleaning the oil-filled, stainless steel motor housing once or twice per year and replacing the sacrificial zinc anode when visibly corroded.
- Great for shallow water operations (as little as 15" of water).
- Provides high oxygen transfer rates (3 lbs. of oxygen per HP per hour)
- Recommended for 1 HP per surface acre
- Portable, lightweight, and easy to install.
- Circulates water with minimal or no bottom turbulence.
- ETL listed to stringent UL and CSA Safety Standards
- UPS Shippable
- Made in the U.S.A.
When used in fish farming it helps prevent winter kill and replaces high maintenance paddle systems.