Protect your lawn from the destruction caused by white grubs and other insect pests by using Nemagard White Grub Control.
This organic insect control product contains the beneficial nematode "steinernema scarabaei", which is widely considered as nature's best defense against white grubs. Especially lethal against white grubs, Nemagard attacks any stage of a grub's life cycle, including their hard-to-control third instar larvae stage. University research has shown Nemagard delivers a much stronger efficacy than other nematode species, establishing a new standard for biological control against white grubs and other pest insects, including the European chafer.
Effective in a wide range of soil conditions and soil temperatures above 12° C, Nemagard allows for the treatment of grubs from mid-August to mid-October (early as July for British Columbia). For best results, apply during this time when soil temperatures are between 12° C and 25° C. For curative treatments, apply Nemagard in the spring when soil temperatures allow. Apply during low light periods (early mornings or evenings or cloudy sky conditions are best). Water the treated area directly after application with 3 mm (1/8") of water. Keep the soil moist for up to 2 weeks after application in order for the nematodes to get established. Do not apply to dry or over-saturated soil.
Directions: Remove all filters from the application equipment. Do not apply with pesticides. Mix the entire contents of the package with cool water to form a solution and stir occasionally to ensure thorough mixing.
- For backpack sprayer applications, mix 1 pack in 15 L of water to form a solution. For each 2 L of solution, add 13 L of water to treat 140 square meters (1500 square feet). Repeat with the rest of the solution.
- For boom sprayer applications, partly fill the tank with water. Start the agitator and keep running until application is complete. Mix 1 pack in 15 L of water to form a solution and add to the sprayer tank. Fill the tank with the required volume of water and apply a minimum 8 L per 90 square meters (1000 square feet).
- Two sizes: 15 million beneficial nematodes (NEMAGUARD-15) or 225 million beneficial nematodes (NEMAGUARD-225)
- Coverage (15 million nematodes): 73 square meters (800 square feet)
- Coverage (225 million nematodes): 1100 square meters (12,000 square feet)
- Attacks all species and stages of grubs
- Can be used for other insect pests
- Can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 months (no refrigeration required for up to 3 months)
- Mixes easily into solution
- No spray licence required
- Dramatically reduces animal digging
- Made in Canada