Reduce sludge buildup at the bottom of ponds and lakes, while improving the long term clarity and quality of the water with Devour Aquatic Waste and Sludge Reducer.
Consisting of a proprietary blend of specialized enzymes, buffering agents, and facultative and non-facultative bacteria, Devour is formulated to accelerate the breakdown of partially decomposed organic matter / residues, thus reducing waste and sludge accumulation at the bottom of ponds and lakes.
If algae or aquatic weeds are a problem in a lake or pond, algaecides and aquatic herbicides are used. However, as algae and plants die, they sink to the bottom of a pond or lake. This contributes to a sludge zone that also contains leaves, grass clippings, dead fish, and bird droppings. As organic matter in the sludge decomposes, nitrates and phosphates are released. These plant nutrients, combined with sunlight, create new algae development. To control algae and aquatic weeds, this cycle can be broken using Devour.
It is important to reduce sludge buildup at the bottom of a lake or pond with Devour because organic residues make up the sludge layer and contribute to harsh hydrogen sulfide odors and murky water. If left untreated, sludge will re-release phosphorus and nitrogen into the water column. Devour is proven to consume phosphorus and nitrogen released during this accelerated decomposition process.
Devour Aquatic Waste and Sludge Reducer can be used in ponds and lakes for aquaculture production, golf courses, and other recreational and ornamental bodies of water where clarity and a balanced ecosystem are desirable.
- Initial Dosage: 1.4-2.7 kg (3-6 lb) per surface acre of water, depending on nutrient levels.
- Maintenance Dosage: 0.7-0.9 kg (1.5-2 lb) per surface acre of water.
Dispersion of Water-Soluble Packets:
- Small Ponds (0-2 acres): Throw 240 mL (8 oz.) water-soluble packets into water, distributing them evenly across the pond.
- Large Ponds and Lakes (2+ acres): Apply 240 mL (8 oz.) water-soluble packets in a uniform 6-15 m (20-50') grid pattern across the pond / lake via boat for even distribution.
- Size: Pack of 24 x 240 mL (8 oz.) Water Soluble Packets
- Accelerates the breakdown of partially decomposed organic matter
- Reduces waste and sludge buildup at bottom of ponds and lakes
- Consumes nitrogen and phosphorus released during accelerated decomposition process
- Improves long term water quality and clarity
- Reduces hydrogen sulfide odors and the need for dredging
- Concentrated formulation provides 20-30 times more activity than ordinary biologicals
- 100% certified non-pathogenic
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-caustic
Write Your Own Review
You might prefer
Starting at: CAD $50.64