Renew and protect your ball washer posts from damage caused by sunlight, the outdoor elements, and other factors with the VinylGuard for Ball Washer Mounting Posts.
VinylGuard is a shrink wrap tubing made from a high performance polymer material that has a high gloss, freshly painted look that will provide years of tough protection against damage caused by abrasion, as well as exposure to sunlight, lawn chemicals, and the elements.
Covering your ball washer mounting posts with VinylGuard will ultimately eliminate sanding, painting, fiberglass splinters, fading, and the need for expensive and frequent maintenance. Easy to apply with the High Temperature High Velocity Heat Gun (sold separately) in mere minutes, VinylGuard is available in high visibility colors that perfectly match the popular brands of ball washers.
Three colors available (each comes with a 50' spool per box):
- VinylGuard Black for Ball Washer Mounting Posts
- VinylGuard Green for Ball Washer Mounting Posts
- VinylGuard White for Ball Washer Mounting Posts
How to shrink:
- Cut a piece of vinyl 2" (50 mm) longer than the ball washer mounting post to allow for longitudinal shrinkage. Slide the VinylGuard over the post, overlapping the bottom end.
- Use the VinylGuard High Temperature High Velocity Heat Gun with heavy-duty air blower and hold the gun a few inches away from the material. Keep the gun moving back and forth to prevent burning. Do not apply heat directly to the crease.
- Slowly begin shrinking. Starting at one end, shrink your way along the shaft, rotating the post while applying heat. Apply sufficient heat to remove any wrinkles. The vinyl will quickly shrink, tightly conforming to the post and will not loosen over time. After shrinking, allow VinylGuard to fully cool and then trim the excess vinyl at the bottom with a sharp blade or utility knife. If necessary, trim the top so that the ball washer fits on the post.
- Size: 50' (15 m) VinylGuard spool per box
- Available Colors: Black, Green, or White
- For standard 2 3/4" (70 mm) diameter ball washer posts
- Made from same rugged material with UV inhibitors as automobile body molding
- Quick and easy to apply with the VinylGuard High Temperature Heat Gun (sold separately)
- Easy to clean
- Sleek, attractive appearance
- Ball Washer NOT included