Protect bunker rake handles from damage and avoid costly replacements by covering them with VinylGuard Shrink Wrap for Bunker Rake Handles.
Two colors available (each comes with a 250' spool per box):
- VinylGuard Green for Bunker Rake Handles
- VinylGuard Yellow for Bunker Rake Handles
This VinylGuard Shrink Wrap can be used to renew and protect powder coated fiberglass bunker rake handles that are scratched, splintered, cracked, or faded. Each 250' (76 m) spool will renew 50-55 sand bunker rakes and will fit 1" (2.5 cm) rake handles. The green and yellow colors provide a sleek, attractive appearance, and match the colors of popular rake brands.
VinylGuard is a shrink wrap tubing material made from a high performance polymer material that has a high gloss, freshly painted look that will provide years of tough protection against damage caused by abrasion, as well as exposure to sunlight, lawn chemicals, and the elements.
How to shrink:
- Cut a length of vinyl 3" (7.5 cm) longer than the rake handle, allowing for longitudinal shrinkage.
- If necessary, replace handle grips (sold separately) before applying VinylGuard.
- For long term, non-slip adherence, spray the bottom of the rake handle next to the rake head and lightly spray the shaft with multi-purpose adhesive (not included).
- Quickly slide the vinyl over the shaft. Let the leftover material overlap the receptacle of the rake head and overlap the grip during shrinking.
- Begin shrinking at the bottom of the handle with the VinylGuard High Temperature Heat Gun (sold separately). Push the material downward, pressing the vinyl over the rake head receptacle until it shrinks and tightly conforms. Then shrink your way up the shaft.
- Let VinylGuard and the rake handle completely cool down for at least one hour. Trim and remove the leftover material covering the rake head receptacle and the grip.
- Size: 250' (76 m) VinylGuard spool per box
- Available Colors: Green or Yellow
- Each spool covers 50-55 rakes
- Fits 1" (2.5 cm) rake handles
- Sleek, attractive appearance
- Matches the colors of popular rake brands
- Quick and easy to apply with the VinylGuard High Temperature Heat Gun (sold separately)
- Bunker rake and handle NOT included