Prevent the snapping or unthreading of a quick coupler valve when connected to a hose with the Claw Quick Coupler Motion Restrainer.
Intended for 3/4" and 1" quick coupler valves, this unique stabilizing tool helps avoid a dangerous situation from occurring if a quick coupler valve becomes unscrewed from swing joints. It works by keeping the quick coupler valve from becoming loose in the ground, preventing the snapping or unthreading of the quick coupler when attached to a hose. The Claw is embedded in the soil below the quick coupler valve and then securely attached to the valve base, providing significant resistance to rotational, horizontal, and vertical motion to stabilize the quick coupler and keep it from moving.
Capable of fitting inside most valve boxes, the Claw attaches easily to the quick coupler valve by means of a hexagonal receptacle and a single stainless steel bolt, without having to remove or cut the valve box. This benefit saves you valuable installation time, while retaining the structural integrity of the valve box.
- Install the swing joint and quick coupler valve.
- Engage the hex portion of the quick coupler valve with the hex portion of the Claw and tighten the bolt.
- Set the quick coupler valve as required, backfilling and compacting the soil around the Claw.
NOTE: The Claw must have two tines aligned vertically and oriented 90° to each other. These tines must extend a minimum of 6" below the plane of the attachment.
- For 3/4" (19 mm) and 1" (25 mm) Quick Couplers
- Material: High strength ductile iron
- Prevents snapping or unthreading of quick coupler valve when connected to a hose
- Fits inside most valve boxes
- Can be retrofitted without having to over-excavate a typical 10" (25 cm) round valve box
- Threaded bolt secures the Claw to lower hex portion of the quick coupler
- Deep tine design for soggy and less stable soils
- Installs easily without removing a valve or valve box