Aeration dramatically improves environmental conditions in your pond and helps keep good water quality predictable. The Kasco Marine Robust-Aire is the system to help achieve this goal. It comes in 6 sizes to accommodate ponds of various sizes. Robust-Aire diffused air systems provide deep water aeration for both ponds and lakes. Diffused aeration is an effective method of aeration for ponds with depths greater than 8'.
The Robust-Aire uses compressed air injected directly into the bottom of a pond. Diffused aerators consist of a shore-mounted compressor, air supply line, and diffuser(s) on the bottom of the pond. It creates a continuous flow of water that moves upwards and thousands of gallons of water are mixed with little expended energy. Its energy efficient compressor injects air to the bottom of your pond with weighted, SureSink air line and into the Robust-Aire diffuser assembly. The diffuser breaks up the air into micro bubbles which rise to the surface. This rising action of the air bubbles creates a current which transfers low-oxygen water to the surface, and allows it to meet the surface and regenerate. The end result is that oxygen levels of the pond increase and harmful gases in the pond water are expelled.
Robust-Aire is used year-round. Winter ice is not allowed to seal the pond surface and restrict oxygen and gas transfer.
The base is made of durable plastic and a locking fill plug allows you to fill it with gravel or other weighted substance. It has a raised design that keeps the diffusers performing at an optimal level above the pond bottom. To keep the weighted tubing attached during installation or maintenance, there is a durable, bolted strain relief attachment. A check valve with Viton seals keeps water from entering the tubing when the system is not operating.
Advantages Of Using A Robust-Aire System
- No electricity in the water – This can be especially important where swimming is allowed. Perfect for deeper lakes or lakes where electric power is not permitted.
- No floating equipment at the surface. Boating is not hindered and the natural view of the lake can be enjoyed.
- No electricity needed at the edge of the pond or lake. Robust-Aire can be remotely installed away from the water edge. Air can be delivered to the water edge instead of electricity. This can result in an installation cost savings. This option may be preferred where it is more convenient to have the compressor system consolidated with other equipment.
- Robust-Aire is more effective at aerating deeper waters than a floating fountain or high-volume surface aerator. Robust-Aire becomes effective at 8' of depth and increases efficiency with respect to water flow at the water deepens. Water is pumped directly from the bottom, all the way to the top. Robust-Aire compressors can inject air 50' deep!
- Robust-Aire is cost effective to purchase and operate for larger surface areas. These systems can effectively destratify and aerate deep lakes with much lower equipment costs and energy consumption. Robust-Aire systems are the most efficient on the market.
- Low maintenance: Most maintenance and inspection may be conducted onshore. Rocking piston compressors do not require internal maintenance as often as other compressors
- Quiet and easy to use
- Continuous duty operation
- Eliminates thermal and chemical stratification
- Expands fish habitats
- Increases oxidation at the bottom, helping to speed up organic decomposition
- No power cords in the water, safe operation
@ 115 V/230 V
(cfm) @ 10 psi
|Tubing Length||Maximum Depth|
* Based on a depth of 8' and a desired minimum turnover rate of 1 turn of complete volume per 48 hours. Sizing assistance is available. Also, check the Sizing Guide in the Related Information for a more comprehensive chart.
Pay In Installments
Some qualifying products such as sprayers and equipment require a shipping quote. Shipping will also qualify for installments. Contact us at 1-800-461-1041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Quotes are provided within 1 hour during normal business hours eastern standard time.