The RootRain Metro is one of the most popular and widely used tree pit irrigation systems in the United Kingdom and is now available for North American homeowners.
This drip irrigation system for trees is excellent for residential applications. It provides homeowners with a cost effective way to irrigate their tree's root system by reducing your time spent watering compared to conventional hand watering. It also reduces water consumption by eliminating any wastage.
The RootRain Metro Drip Irrigation System improves drought tolerance and can water up to 16 US Gallons (60 litres) per minute in porous soil.
Tree stake not included. Tree stake must be inserted into the soil beside the tree, allowing you to nail the metal bracket to it for theft prevention.
Installation is quick and easy:
- Wrap the free end of the 1.5" diameter irrigation pipe around the root system precisely 10" below finished level.
- Plug the pipe into the bracket bottom cap.
- The bracket should be nailed to the tree stake to deter theft.
- Backfill the rest of the tree pit.
- Ensure the inlet pipe and top cap protrude between 0.4" and 2" from the finished surround level.
- Main bracket portion should not be visible.
- Kit includes plastic irrigation pipe, metal bracket, and plastic cap attached to chain
- Pipe Size: 8' length x 1.5" diameter
- 1.5" inlet size
- Weight: 0.7 lbs.