Whether you need assistance pulling or lifting heavy objects, you don't need to rely on expensive, gigantic machinery to do the job for you when you have the PCT1800 AC Electric Powered Pulling / Lifting Winches by your side.
Both models, the PCT1800-50Hz-P and PCT1800-60Hz-P, are AC electric powered winches designed for both pulling and lifting applications in industrial settings. The electric winches can be used for pulling wires, fiber optic, or cables through conduits, or for lifting transformers, scaffolding, bricks, antennas, and more. The electric winches are ideal for situations where gasoline is not desired or if noise is a factor.
The load is held into position with the winch's rope grabbing system, which allows the operator to work safely. The electric motor will start once the rope is pulled. When the operator stops pulling the rope, the motor stops and the drum stops turning. This helps to prevent any damage to the rope.
Both PCT1800 AC Electric Winches are capable of pulling up to 1800 lbs. or lifting a load up to 550 lbs. with the installed PCA-1100 Capstan Drum. The pulling speed with the installed drum on the PCT1800-50HZ-P is 24'/ min and on the PCT1800-60HZ-P is 29'/min.
These PCT1800 AC Electric Lifting / Pulling Winches are intended for intermittent use. It is highly recommended that a work cycle of 25% is followed. To get maximum life out of the motor, the winches are only to be used for 15 minutes every hour to prevent overheating. Light loads can be lifted or pulled continuously without affecting the motor. Continuous pulls are less damaging to the motor than frequent stop and go sessions.
Important Guidelines to Follow
- For pulling applications, it is recommended to use a double braided polyester rope (DBP) with a minimum diameter of 3/8" and maximum diameter of 5/8". The load must be attached to the end of the rope. It is recommended to install a hook with a bowline knot, opposed to a simple knot, because it can be easily undone if you ever need to replace the hook. This system will keep almost 70% of the rope's capacity, while most knots reduce it by more than 50%. A double bowline knot retains about 75% of the rope's capacity.
- For lifting operations, it is recommended to use a DBP rope with a minimum diameter of 1/2" and a maximum diameter of 1/2". It is highly recommended to use a DBP eyed splice rope (PCA-1213M2ESC, PCA-1216M2ESC, or PCA-1218M2ESC ) even if you believe a bowline knot will do the job. The load must be attached to the end of the rope. Installing a hook with a strong carabiner or shackle to the rope helps prevent any problems that could occur in the event of a knot failure.
Both versions share the same features, with the exception of the AC voltage of the motor and the total weight.
- Dimensions: 21 7/8" length x 14 3/8" width x 14 3/8" height
- PCT1800-50Hz-P uses an AC Electric Baldor TEFC 230 VAC – 1 hp – 3/4 hp motor.
- PCT1800-60Hz-P uses an AC Electric Baldor TEFC 115/230 VAC – 1 hp – 3/4 hp motor.
- Max. Pulling Force: 1800 lbs. with installed drum (2200 lbs. with optional drum)
- Rated Lifting Capacity: 550 lbs. with installed drum (550 lbs. with optional drum)
- Max. Speed for 50HZ model: 24'/min with installed drum (16'/min. with optional drum)
- Max. Speed for 60HZ model: 29'/min with installed drum (19'/min. with optional drum)
- Gear Ratio: 110:1
- CE Certified.
- Includes rope grabbing system, which can be disabled if required.
- Also includes 6' Polyester Sling.
- Weight (PCT1800-50HZ-P): 60 lbs.
- Weight (PCT1800-60HZ-P): 53 lbs.
Pay In Installments
Some qualifying products such as sprayers and equipment require a shipping quote. Shipping will also qualify for installments. Contact us at 1-800-461-1041 or email email@example.com. Quotes are provided within 1 hour during normal business hours eastern standard time.