Two versions of the Comet APS41P and Honda GX160 5.5 HP Engine assemblies are available to provide you with reliable performance in many of your professional spraying applications:
- Comet APS41P assembled with Honda GX160QH Gas Engine with Recoil Start (APS41P-5.5HP)
- Comet APS41P assembled with Honda GX160QXE Gas Engine with Electric Start (APS41P-5.5ELEC)
Both of these pump-motor assemblies include a pressure regulator and a gearbox for attaching the pump to the Honda 5.5 HP engine with a 3/4" shaft.
These pump-motor combos are made for those professional customers who cannot or do not have enough time to construct their own. The assemblies are ready to drop right into place on your spray rig. Some assembly is required. You will need to attach the regulator, as it does not come attached during shipping to avoid any accidental damage. You also will require a professional sprayer tank and the proper plumbing. Once the regulator is attached, bolt down the Honda engine, attach your hoses, and now you can begin spraying. The engine and gearbox do not come with oil inside; however oil is included.
You can use the Comet APS41P and Honda GX160 Engine Assembly to provide you with reliable performance in many professional, industrial, horticultural, agricultural, and lawn spraying applications, as well as some low-height tree spraying under 40'. It is more than capable of pumping and spraying a wide variety of agricultural chemicals, including herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, insecticides, liquid fertilizers, and more.
The plastic coating material for the Comet APS41P is an electrostatic dipped coating that penetrates the aluminum surface and cannot be easily chipped during transport. The pump heads are plastic coated to provide excellent corrosion resistance. The valve plugs and the discharge plate are also plastic coated to provide additional protection in the most common areas that are prone to corrosion. The Comet APS41P also features 'Duraphragm' technology, which helps to increase the diaphragm's life by protecting it from coming in direct contact with the chemical inlet. This spreads inlet vacuum, sometimes caused by a dirty suction filter or kinked hose, across the entire diaphragm surface rather than focusing it on one small area where most failures occur.
Comet APS41P Diaphragm Pump and Honda GX160QH Engine Assembly (APS41P-5.5HP):
- Includes Comet APS41P Diaphragm Pump, 5005.0216 Gearbox, 1204.0564 Pressure Regulator, and Honda GX160QH Gas Engine with recoil start
- Max. Flow: 11 gpm
- Max. Pressure: 580 psi
- Max. Rated Speed: 550 RPM (pump alone), 3600 RPM (with gas engine)
- Max. Fluid Temperature: 104° F
- Ports: 1" inlet
- Weight: 85 lbs.
Comet APS41P Diaphragm Pump and Honda GX160QXE Engine Assembly (APS41P-5.5ELEC):
- Same as above except it includes a Honda GX160QXE Gas Engine with electric start
Comet APS41P Features:
- Plastic coated heads, valve plugs, and discharge plate
- Three semi-hydraulic diaphragms
- Can run dry
- Large capacity oil bath crank case
- Metal oil sight glass
- Pump Shaft Rotation: CW and CCW
- Weight: 30 lbs. with regulator and gearbox
Honda GX160QH / GX160QXE Features:
- Recoil (GX160QH) or electric starter (GX160QXE)
- Type: Air-cooled 4-stroke OHV
- Net Power Output: 4.8 - 5.5 hp @ 3600 rpm (depending on environmental conditions)
- Bore x Stroke: 68 mm x 45 mm
- Butterfly carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.3 US quarts. (3.1 L)
- Oil Tank Capacity: 0.61 US quarts. (0.58 L)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.2" x 14.3" x 13.6"
- Weight: 33 lbs.
See under 'Related Information' for manuals on the Comet pump and Honda engine, as well as spare parts, capacity charts, and more.