If you ever need help pulling or lifting heavy equipment, you can depend on the Portable PCH1000 Gas-Powered Pulling/Lifting Winch to assist you.
With its unique robe grabbing system, the PCH1000 Portable Winch holds a load in position, allowing the user to work safely. A centrifugal clutch activates once the rope is pulled. Once the user stops pulling, the throttle goes back down and the drum stops turning (to prevent rope damage). The rope grabbing system will hold the load in position, making it suitable for lifting and lowering of loads.
Perfect for industrial, search and rescue, forestry, hunting, and arboriculture applications. Use it to pull wires, fiber optic, or cables through conduits, or to lift heavy equipment such as transformers, scaffolding, bricks, antennas, and more. You can also use it to raise towers, pull water fences, docks, boats, etc.
You can pull objects up to 1710 lbs. in weight and lift up to 550 lbs. with the installed 2-1/4" diameter PCA-1110 Capstan Drum. The pulling/lifting speed with the PCA-1110 is 40'/min. Changing your drum to the optional 3 3/8" diameter Capstan Drum PCA-1100 will increase your pulling speed to 60'/min ; however the maximum pulling force would be 1190 lbs. and rated lifting capacity would be 385 lbs. Switch drums only when you are willing to sacrifice pulling power and lifting capacity for pulling speed.
Here are some important guidelines to follow when using the Portable PCH1000 Gas-Powered Pulling/Lifting Winch:
- For pulling operations, it is advisable to use a double braided polyester rope (DBP) with minimum diameter of 3/8" and maximum 5/8". Attach the load to the end of the rope. It is recommended to install a hook with a bowline knot, opposed to a simple knot, because it can be easily undone if you ever need to replace the hook. This system will retain almost 70% of the rope's capacity, while most knots reduce it by more than 50%. A double bowline knot retains about 75% of the rope's capacity.
- For lifting operations, it is advisable to use a DBP rope with a minimum diameter of 1/2" and a maximum diameter of 1/2". It is highly recommended to use a DBP eyed splice rope (PCA-1213M2ESC, PCA-1216M2ESC, or PCA-1218M2ESC) even if you believe a bowline knot will do the job. Attach the load to the end of the rope. Installing a hook with a strong carabiner or shackle to the rope helps prevent any problems that could occur in the event of a knot failure.
- Dimensions: 19 7/8" length x 14 3/8" width x 14 3/8" height
- Powered by a Honda GXH-50 cc 4-stroke engine.
- Gas / petrol powered.
- Max. Pulling Force: 1710 lbs. with installed drum (1190 lbs. with optional drum)
- Rated Lifting Capacity: 550 lbs. with installed drum (385 lbs. with optional drum)
- Max. Speed with installed drum: 40'/min
- Max. Speed with optional drum: 60'/min
- Gear Ratio: 110:1
- Centrifugal clutch.
- CE Certified.
- Includes rope grabbing system, which can be disabled if you want.
- Also includes polyester sling.
- Spliced ropes are mandatory for lifting applications.
- Weight: 42 lbs.