This is a 38", three-head, tow-behind version of the JRCO Hooker Aerator. It aerates a hole approximately 1/2" wide x 1 1/4" long and up to 3" deep. Soil volume removed is comparable with a 5/8" hollow tine cone.
The tines pierce deep into the soil, hooking and lifting loose plugs of dirt that disperse on the surface, unlike hard cores from a traditional aerator. The nutrients are spread evenly over the surface. The turf can be played on immediately after aeration. It has been noted that some operators choose to pull a drag over the surface one to three hours after aeration to smooth the aerated surface. Use the Hooker Aerator in combination with over-seeding for renovating distressed or diseased turf.
The soft-plug style of aeration is ideal for golf fairways, sports fields or anywhere true plug aeration is needed, without the messy compacted core clean-up of a hollow tine aerator. It can be used in combination for an over-seeding program or for renovating distressed or diseased turf. The JRCO Hooker Aerator is many times faster than traditional hollow tine aerators, and is low maintenance with few moving parts and no engine.
- The Hooker Tow-Behind Aerator comes complete with a two point hitch, rigid frame, and swiveling caster wheels.
- Aerator caster heads swivel, allowing them to turn while aerating.
- An electric actuator lifts the heads into the transport position.
- Two sight flags help the operator to see when the heads are fully down in the aeration position.
- Aeration width: 38"
- Aeration hole pattern: 5" x 6"
- Hole size: 1/2" x 1 1/4" x (up to) 3" deep
- Tines are 3/8" wide x 3" long, made from hardened high-carbon steel.
- Weight: 198 lbs
- Length: 39"
- Width: 39"
- Height: 16" (without sight flags)