Our most popular Rootfeeder, manufactured by Rittenhouse. You will need to do some assembly when you receive your rootfeeder. We ship it in three pieces to cut down on shipping charges. Assembled Rootfeeder stands about 38" tall. Stainless steel construction means the RF 3000 will stand up to harsh effects of fertilizer. There is a footplate to prevent the liquid from coming back up the hole and getting you wet or covered with fertilizer, many competing rootfeeders do not have this feature.
- Rugged schedule 80 seamless stainless steel tubing.
- Solid brass trigger valve with quick release lock.
- Easily attaches with 3/4" garden hose fitting.
- Removable 3-hole tip.
- For best performance should operate at 150 psi, 3.5 gpm.
- Replacement tip threads into place.
- When replacing the tip, make sure you use Loctite to ensure the tip does not come off easily.
In the USA, this Rootfeeder and Soil Injector can be used to inject systemic insecticides into the soil around trees, shrubs and evergreens. Sold under the name Bayer Advanced Tree & Shrub Insect Control is recommended by the manufacturer as a control for active insects. Always follow state, federal, and label directions.
Please ensure that you use a pump strong enough to handle a professional quality rootfeeder. Rittenhouse recommends that you have at least 150 psi when rootfeeding. A Hypro D30, which is used on many Rittenhouse Sprayers and rootfeeders, is capable of using this tool.