The Wickweeder is a great tool if you want to use a nonselective herbicide such as Round Up or Horticultural Vinegar but need to avoid drift. Furthermore, by carefully applying the herbicide in a controlled manner, your chemical expenses will be reduced. The Wick Weeder drift-free applicator delivers your herbicide to the desired targeted areas only, leaving your desirable plants untouched.
Simply fill the handle with a herbicide mixture and wipe against weeds. Fills at the red cap. After you're done using this garden tool, always rinse the unit and sleeve and allow to dry. You can then simply hang it vertically for easy storage. For professionals who must transport their tools flat in a truck bed, the Wick Weeder is available with a shut-off valve (ball valve). Pesticides such as Horticultural Vinegar and Roundup should not be stored for an extended time.
As an alternative to using RoundUp, this Wick Weeder can also be used with Horticultural Vinegar for organic weed control. Horticultural Vinegar may contain other additives, such as Yucca (spreader / sticker) and/or citric acid (lemon) to soften the cuticle. These increase the effectiveness of the Horticultural Vinegar.
- Can be used to apply non-selective herbicides near flower beds and other ornamental plants.
- You can target weeds along driveways and sidewalks.
- In vineyards and orchards around newly-planted and established plants.
- Wick Weeders can be used along fence lines and around fence posts.
- Weed control in tight areas.
- Both units hold 500 mL of mixture.
- Both use the same 7" sleeve.
- Wickweeder without ball valve is 42 " long and weighs 1.7 lb empty.
- Wickweeder with ball valve is 44" long and weighs 2.25 lb empty.
- Replacement wicks (sleeves) are available.
- No possibility of spray drift.
- Made in Canada.