Determining proper soil pH levels is the first step to healthy lawns and gardens.
These Soil pH Meters/ Moisture Meters are simple and easy to use. Test your soil with accuracy and ease to determine if you need to adjust soil acidity. No batteries are required, these soil testers work by utilising the electronic ground field effect of the earth and two dissimilar metals. The manufacturer's testing has shown that the pH Meters are +/- 2/10 in acidic soils.
The HB-2 Soil pH Meter / Moisture Tester is used by professional lawn care companies and nurseries.
The Professional HB-2 pH / Moisture Meter
- Simple to operate, instructions included, hand-held size.
- HB-2 includes leatherette case with belt loop for storage and convenient carrying.
- HB-2 gives pH readings between 3.5 & 8, soil moisture reading from 0 to 100%.
- The pH Meter (82353) gives readings of 3.0 to 8.
- Each unit includes 2 small sheets of conditioning film.
- We recommend you purchase the 10 pack of cleaning film with your pH meters.
- Weighs 0.35 lb.
- Made in Japan.
- Never touch the metal plates with your fingers.
Keep your soil tester accurate by using this simple cleaning procedure: Wipe off the unit with a soft clean cotton cloth. Place the conditioning film between the two metal plates of your soil pH tester (one on each side of the lower part of the housing). Squeeze lightly, and rotate a few times. For more instructions, check the Related Information above.
The pH scale, ranging from 0 to 14, is used to indicate acidity and alkalinity. A pH of 7.0 is neutral, values below 7.0 are acidic, and those above are alkaline. The lower the pH, the more acidic is the soil. The higher the pH, the more alkaline. The pH values of some common items are: pure water, 7.0; lemon juice, 2.2 to 2.4; orange juice, 3.4 to 4.0; fresh milk, 6.3 to 6.6; mild soap solution, 8.5 to 10.0; most Ontario soils, 4.5 to 8.0.
Soil pH is important chiefly because of the many effects it has on the biological and chemical activity of the soil, which affects the metabolism of your plants.